Leaves are beginning to change color. The air is turning crisp and cool. We are packing our summer shorts and t-shirts away and beginning the hunt for clothes that are more suited to chillier temperatures. Cozy cable knit sweaters, wool skirts, turtlenecks, blazers and tights are just a few of the items women wear during the colder months.
But for many ladies, fall is also the time when they begin their quest for the perfect pair of blue jeans. It’s no secret denim jeans are the perfect clothing when you want to look in style. Why? They’re so versatile!
Dress them up. Dress them down. Wear them to work. Rock them when you go out for drinks with friends, or wear them on the weekends for casual comfort and style. No matter what the occasion is, a great pair of jeans can make you look and feel fabulous.
Blue Jeans for Fall 2015
When blue jeans were first invented, they were considered to be clothing that was suitable for roping cows and riding the range. Today, denim jeans are widely acknowledged as a fashionable addition to anyone’s closet.
That’s all well and good, but let’s face it. Lots of women have trouble scoring the perfect jeans that make them feel confident and ready to take on the world.
For those girls out there who are on the hunt for fall 2015 denim trends, this guide is for you. We’re going to break down the different jean styles, fill you in on the style that works best for your body type and provide the lowdown on how to wear women’s jeans this fall.
The fall 2015 jean trends for women include three classic styles: the bootcut, the straight leg and the boyfriend (read: Lee Curvy Fit jeans). Read on for information on each jean style, and it will help you in your quest for the perfect pair of jeans.
Are Bootcut Jeans in Style for 2015?
The 2015 styles of women’s bootcut jeans are a great look for fall. They skim over the hips and the thighs, and they have a slight flare at the foot.
Bootcuts generally look great on most body types because they’re so forgiving. Originally designed to fit over cowboy boots, bootcut jeans are a sleeker cousin to the flare jean style. Wear a fitted shirt with bootcut jeans or even flared jeans this fall 2015 so you can balance the shape and feel comfortable all day long.
Are Straight Leg Jeans in Style for 2015?
Straight leg jeans are a fashionable style that many women love to wear. Women’s straight leg jeans 2015 styles possess a straight cut extending from the bottom of the hip to the foot. This type of cut makes the legs look longer and is perfect for petite women and anyone who wants to appear taller.
Are Boyfriend Jeans in Style for 2015?
Wish you could borrow your boyfriend’s or husband’s jeans since they look so much more comfortable than yours? Well, there’s no need to do that. Try the women’s boyfriend cut.
The 2015 styles of women’s boyfriend jeans are the most relaxed jeans that will ever grace your frame. They fit loosely from the hip all the way to the hem. Sitting low on your waist, they’re perfect for wearing with a comfortable t-shirt and some flats.
The boyfriend cut looks great cuffed or cropped. Casual but stylish, boyfriend jeans are a good way to feel comfortable and cute.
Finding the Perfect Fit
We’ve established that jeans are awesome to wear, but they’re not so awesome if they’re not the perfect fit. A pair of jeans that doesn’t fit well can make you feel and look frumpy. Sagging seats, gaps in the waistband, pant-legs that are too long or fits that are too tight can ruin the look you’re going for.
So how do you find that ideal pair of jeans destined to make you look fabulous in the fall of 2015? The answer is one simple word: measure. That’s right. Properly measuring your body will ensure those blue jeans fit you in the all the right places — highlighting your curves and creating curves where you have none.
Measuring your body is extremely important because different brand sizes run smaller or larger than your body measurements. And, of course, when you buy jeans at a brick-and-mortar store, you can try on several kinds of jeans. When you purchase online, though, it’s important to consult the online store’s body measurement chart so you find that perfect pair of jeans.
When you’re getting ready to measure, grab a cloth tape measure and find a friend to do the actual measuring. You’ll get more accurate numbers.
Here are some basic guidelines to measure yourself for jeans:
- Use the measuring tape to measure the smallest part of your waist. Though most blue jeans are not worn right at the waist, don’t hold the tape lower than your waist. This will lead to an inaccurate measurement and jeans that fit too loosely in the waist.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of the hips, usually right beneath the top of your hip bones.
- Take the measuring tape and measure the inside of your leg from your crotch all the way down to the floor. Make sure you are wearing the shoes you plan to wear with your new blue jeans.
- Wrap the tape measure around the widest part of one of your thighs.
Not every pair of jeans is perfect for every woman. Since women have a wide array of body types, it’s important you find jeans that flatter your particular body shape.
No matter what shape you possess, a fantastic pair of jeans is in your future if you find the ones that work for your shape. Here are some typical body types and the type of jeans that work best for them:
- Full thighs. Ladies with full thighs should opt for bootcut or flared jeans. The additional flare of material located beneath the knees helps to balance out larger thighs.
- Thick midsection. Do you despair of finding jeans to disguise your muffin top? Try a pair of mid-rise jeans. While low-rise jeans do nothing to control a large belly, high-rise jeans merely draw attention to your problem area. In contrast, mid-rise jeans help to flatten your tummy, disguising any of your “problem” areas.
- Long legs. Many people would do anything to have long legs like yours. After all, women with long legs can wear a wide variety of blue jean styles. But long legs can also be a problem — especially when you can’t find jeans long enough to cover your mile-long limbs.
To combat this problem, search for blue jean brands that offer extra-long inseams, at least 34”. After all, you don’t want to wear jeans that make it look like your waiting for a flood — unless you’re wearing cropped jeans.
- Short legs. Women with short legs experience the opposite problem of their long-legged friends. Focus on ankle-skimming jeans that make your legs appear longer. Straight leg or skinny jeans in a classic style will help accentuate your petite frame and not overwhelm it.
- Large butt. Yes, there are famous celebrities with generous posteriors. And they look gorgeous in their blue jeans. You can too — if you hunt for blue jeans that feature angled or smaller pockets. Choose high-waist jeans that provide you enough coverage. Stay away from blue jeans with large pockets or flaps on the back pockets. Avoid an excessive amount of embellishments on the back of the jeans too. These features will only make your rear end appear wider.
- Small butt. Is your derriere a bit on the flat side? Don’t despair. Wear blue jeans with flaps on the pockets. These embellishments help your rear look larger. In fact, flaps on the pockets create the appearance of curves on a smaller posterior.
- High torso. Do you have a long waist and have given up on ever finding jeans that make you look good? Try high-rise or medium-rise jeans. They’ll make it look like you have a higher waist, effectively making you appear more proportioned.
- Short torso. Girls with shorter waists should forget the high and mid-rise jeans. These rises will only draw attention to your short torso. Instead, ladies with high waists should opt for low-rise. These types of jeans will transform a short torso, making it appear longer.
Wearing Jeans in the Fall
Are you wondering how to wear fall 2015 women’s jeans trends this year? It all depends on the style of the jeans. Here’s a breakdown on the various ways to wear different kinds of blue jeans:
- Are you wearing straight-leg jeans? Roll up the pant legs to your ankles and wear them with a pair of heels.
- Do you have a pair of black cropped jeans? Throw on a cute shirt and a pair of ballet flats. It’s the perfect outfit for a night out with friends or casual Friday at work.
- Have you been looking for an outfit to wear with those thigh-high boots in your closet? Why not wear your straight leg or skinny jeans with the boots? Wear a cuffed blouse and a long cardigan to give it a bit of class.
- Do you have some white jeans you’d like to wear this fall? Wear them with a sheer long-sleeve blouse and a pair of open-toed shoes.
- Did you buy a pair of boyfriend jeans, but you haven’t a clue how to wear them? Pair them with a wide elastic belt that keeps the jeans at your waist. Then throw on a casual, sporty shirt to emphasize the carefree, tomboy look.
- Do you have high-waist jeans? Wear them with a pretty, tucked-in blouse. Buy a dark wash and make sure the blouse is a solid color to keep the look classic. Carry a bright-colored bag to complete the ensemble.
Women Who Are Over 40
You’re not in your 20s anymore, and you may not possess the body of a runaway model. But that doesn’t mean you can’t rock some of the latest fall 2015 jean trends. You merely have to choose the jeans that flatter your body type and style.
Here are some style tips for 40- or 50-something ladies who are searching for the perfect pair of jeans. As we all know, it’s important to show off your personal style, but these rules serve as a general guideline:
- Go for dark, solid-colored jeans. They’re dressier than other colored jeans and will make you look slimmer.
- Go easy with the accessories. Jeans already make you look young, so there’s no need to go overboard with the extras. Keep it simple!
- Avoid bleached or heavily stonewashed jeans. It’s more difficult to pull off this look when you’ve left your 20s behind.
- Use skinny jeans to your advantage. Just because you’re over 40 doesn’t mean you can’t wear skinny jeans. Pair them with a tunic or long blouse for a chic fall look.
- Double check the length. Make sure your bootcut jeans are long enough so they still touch the floor when you’re wearing heels with them.
- Find some cropped jeans. Choose a pair with tapered legs and wear them with heels.
- Disguise problem areas. If your stomach is your problem area, keep it hidden. Don’t wear your shirts tucked in. Instead, wear tunics and long blouses that cover the tummy.
- Avoid low-rise jeans. If possible, wear mid-rise. They’re more flattering to the over-40 body.
- Stock up. If you find a pair of jeans you absolutely love, buy two pairs. Choose a length to wear with flats and a length to wear with heels.
Accessorize Your Jeans!
You’ve found blue jeans that fit both your style and body type. Now it’s time to think about choosing the right accessories to complement your look. Accessories enhance your outfit, making it unique and memorable. Here are some ideas on what you can do to kick your jeans up a notch:
- Want a sophisticated, urban look? Wear stilettos with your jeans. Accent them with a gold-link or wide belt. Complete the ensemble with a small metallic purse.
- Going for a casual look? Choose simple ballet flats and wear a wide belt with a fun pattern. When choosing a handbag, grab one that can be slung over your shoulder.
- Want to look more elegant? Wear a thin, black belt and classic boots with a medium heel.
The Versatility of Blue Jeans
Blue jeans are worn throughout the world because they are incredibly comfortable and durable. Dress them up or down. Wear them to work. Wear them on a night out. Relax in them on the weekend. No wardrobe is complete without at least a couple pairs in your closet.
Whether going to a football game, eating out with friends or going on that all-important first date, blue jeans are a smart choice. Explore the different styles and brands to find the unique pair that is perfect for you.
While not every style will fit every woman’s body, by determining your body shape and discovering the style that works best for your particular needs, you can find a great-fitting pair of jeans that will make you look and feel beautiful.
So when the leaves begin to change colors and the temperatures begin to drop, shop for new blue jeans for the fall. As the workhorse of any woman’s wardrobe, quality brand jeans from VF Outlet enable you to dress your best and stay on trend.