As many of us thaw out from an extraordinarily cold winter, we begin to think about spring and all that comes with it. Sure, there is the big project of spring cleaning, but for those of us who love fashion, we don’t associate spring with chores. Spring is the opportunity to make room for new clothes and shoes in our closets.
Make Room for New Spring Clothing
The first step to preparing for the top spring fashion trends is to take an honest look at your current wardrobe. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What haven’t you worn in the past year?
- What are you saving for a special occasion that has not occurred?
- What clothes don’t fit correctly?
Spring is the perfect time to get rid of the clothes that aren’t helping you put your best foot forward. One afternoon this month, label three large bags: trash, donate and consign. In the trash bag, put the clothes that are threadbare or damaged. In the donate pile, place the staple clothes from basic brands that are in good condition. In the consign bag, place the apparel from higher-end brands that are in excellent condition and from the last season or two.
Restock Your Wardrobe with New Looks
After you’ve made room for the 2015 spring fashion trends, let’s take a look at how you can restock with current looks that won’t break the bank. VF Outlet is a one-stop shop for the entire family, and we carry plenty of the season’s hottest trends for both men and women.
What exactly is on trend for spring 2015? The looks offer a subtle nod to the bohemian 1970s, with flared cuts, denim, jewel tones, patterns and even fringe. All white outfits and the sporty look called athletic chic are also hot this season.
Let’s look at how you can shop at VF Outlet to fill your wardrobe with the spring’s greatest trends.
2015 Spring Fashion Trends for Women
Sometimes it’s difficult to transition high fashion runway trends to your everyday life. Choosing from VF Outlet’s new spring arrivals can help you easily take the runway trends for spring 2015 and add them to your closet. Here are three top trends to help you narrow down your choices for 2015.
Trendy, All-White Outfits
The old rule that white can only be worn between Memorial Day and Labor Day has been struck from the fashion bible. In fact, white-on-white is a very popular look for the spring, but many women find it hard to incorporate the look into their wardrobes. Many women wonder exactly how to wear white on white, so here are a few ideas:
- Wear pure white if it works with your complexion. If it doesn’t, an off-white shade often referred to as “winter white” is trendy this season, too.
- Pair a white dress with a delicate crochet shrug or a trendy denim jacket; order soon because we only have limited quantities available.
- Opt for white-colored separates, like this lean short sleeve tie-top blouse in beige. The crochet work on the sleeve and keyhole at the bust add extra detail, which make this piece both interesting and comfortable.
- Sleeveless tops in white are perfect for warm spring days, like the Sami & Jo drape neck tank, which is stretchy and comfortable. It gathers at the neckline for added detail.
- Bring the white trend to the bedroom with our Jaclyn Intimates’ floral capri pajama set.
As you can see, there are many ways to work the all-white trend into your spring wardrobe with the help of VF Outlet. If you’re looking for something more colorful than white, you’ll be glad to know that colorful patterns are also in this season.
Paying homage to the 70s, funky patterns are making an appearance this season, too. Here are a few ways VF Outlet is bringing this trend to you:
- French Laundry printed leggings offer trendy, unique patterns for only $12 a pair.
- Wrap tops with three-quarter length sleeves from Jillian Nicole offer a subtle tie-dye pattern to show you are on trend without going overboard.
- A bohemian, loose fitting floral print top from Sami & Jo will channel your inner hippie and put you in trend for 2015.
- Maxi skirts also scream seventies, like this one for Junior’s from Heart and Soul, complete with a comfortable drawstring waistband and irregular floral pattern.
Many active women are happy to learn that athletic chic is actually a trend this year, too.
Award-winning designer Donna Karan said, “Design is a constant challenge to balance comfort with luxe, the practical with the desirable.” Nowhere are her thoughts more clearly illustrated than in this year’s trend toward athletic chic.
Busy ladies are applauding this spring trend because it brings comfort and confidence to the workplace and daytime wardrobe. VF Outlet's active wear selection is extensive, and dressing up some of these options with a blazer, jewelry or ballet flats will make them work appropriate. There are some of our favorites:
- Basic, solid capris from Spalding come in either black or charcoal. Wear them with a blouse and ballet flats for an updated athletic chic look. Thanks to a bit of spandex, the capris stretch and allow for comfort whether you’re walking to a meeting or picking up the kids.
- The popular, three-quarter length sleeve Slub Sweatshirt in a heathered pattern looks great and won’t send the message that you’re headed to the gym. There’s banding around the hips, sleeves and neck, which dress it up a bit. The sweatshirt comes in three colors: orange, black and blue.
- The Silverware drawstring hoodie features a lace overlay across the body and button options to turn the long sleeves into three-quarter length in a snap. It comes in five colors: mint, navy, orange, red, and tan.
Every woman can appreciate the comfort that is active chic. With all of these options, it’s easy to see why active wear is one of the top fashion trends of 2015.
How do these trends translate to the men this season? Let’s take a look.
2015 Spring Fashion Trends for Men
While the man in your life might not be all that interested in this year’s fashion trends, we’re sure you want him to look his best. Here are some projected trends for male fashion in spring 2015.
Some men may wonder, “What are earthy tones?” You can tell him to simply picture his backyard or favorite park in springtime: lush and light greens, all shades of brown and warm grays and tans. And 2015 spring fashion colors include all of them.
A world-authority on color, Pantone, names an annual color of the year, and 2015’s honors go to marsala. Described as “a naturally robust and earthy wine red,” it’s clear that earth tones have the world’s attention in 2015. In explaining their decision on the color, Pantone explains, “Marsala is a stirring and flavorful shade for apparel and accessories, one that encourages color creativity and experimentation.”
Here are a few ways to add earth tones to your (or your husband’s) wardrobe this season:
- The versatile short sleeve shirt in tan from Lee Dungarees even has buttons in two-toned earthy colors.
- The hoodie and vest in gray ombre colors from Distortion provides layering options, allowing your winter and summer wardrobes to work in the spring. This is a great option, especially toward the beginning of the season when it’s still cool.
- The Wyoming Cargo Short from Lee Dungarees offers earth tones and comfort combined.
- Crew neck t-shirts from Lee, available in charcoal and black, are perfect for laying or wearing on their own. This is another new arrival that will help your man step into the trend this season.
- The Lee Dungarees short sleeve shirt in plaid with burgundy pays respects to the color of the season.
Another throwback to the seventies is the popularity of denim for the spring. At VF Outlet, we offer jeans in every style: big and tall, cargo, carpenter, loose fit, relaxed fit, slim fit and more.
For men who prefer a straight fit through the legs, Lee Premium Select Regular Fit jeans are an excellent choice. They come in a dark rebel wash and are formal enough to wear out on a date, but comfortable enough to feel like jeans.
Prefer utility jeans? Lee Carpenter Jeans sit just below the waist and offer large back pockets, perfect for your smartphone and wallet. They also feature the carpenter loop on the left side of the jeans, great for hanging a hammer or, more likely, clipping keys to pants.
While adding denim to his wardrobe this spring is a wise decision, it doesn’t imply that men miss out on the white-on-white trend that’s hot this season.
All White Outfits for Men
Just like the ladies, the men on the runway are flaunting springy, coastal looks by wearing all white. Here are a few of our favorite whites for men this season:
- A wardrobe staple is the basic polo shirt, and VF Outlet carries a two-button Cactus Performance Polo in white, which is shrink resistant and made with a sturdy collar that won’t roll.
- Embrace the white trend in your swimwear with these white board shorts with a subtle ombre palm tree print.
- The white trend includes very light tan colors, and the five pocket Lee jeans in the color “dune” are comfortable and fashionable.
Be sure to check out VF Outlet’s new arrivals section, which is updated daily, to find other new clothing options for men this spring.
VF Outlet VIP Rewards Program
VF Outlet also offers a VIP Rewards Program, making these affordable wardrobe staples even more enticing. The program is simple: sign up online or in store and receive 10 points for every one dollar spent. This comes to a ten dollar reward for every 1,250 points earned.
The member-only benefits include discounts and invitations to special events. If you’ve ever experienced a disappointing out-of-stock message when you go to purchase an item at sale price, you’ll appreciate being the first to find out about sales. This is another reason to become a VIP member.
Enter some basic information and you’ll receive a VIP Customer ID Number. Use that number to log in and earn points with every VF Outlet purchase. It takes us about 3-5 business days to process your VIP Reward Program application. You can accrue points while you wait, but be sure your VF Outlet account information matches the information you provide for the VIP Reward Program application. Once the change is processed, the points earned while you were waiting for your VIP Customer ID Number will be applied to your account. Start earning rewards today!
Enter the 2015 Spring Season on Trend
As you put away your boots and winter parka, prepare for earthier colors and lighter clothing this spring. VF Outlet is your one-stop shop for stocking your wardrobe with the brands you know and love.
With the many trends and new styles hitting the market this spring, remember that clothes help to express your personality, not define it. Grammy award-winning artist and fashion maven Alicia Keys said, “The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world.”